1. Preheat oven to 150C, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and brown the brisket for five minutes
2. Whisk stock, maple syrup, vinegar, sauces, mustard, paprika, oregano, cumin and onion and garlic salt (or substitutes) in a jug
3. Combine brisket, onions and garlic with all other ingredients from the jug in either a slow cooker or a roasting pan.
4. Cook for 3 hours in roasting pan or 4-5 in slow cooker. An hour before cooking finishes, add the black beans. If cooking in slow cooker you may want to roast it for 15 minutes at the end to get a crispy top.
5. Serve with your desired sides!