1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and brown the brisket for five minutes
2. Whisk stock, maple syrup, vinegar, sauces, mustard, paprika, oregano, cumin in a jug
3. Combine brisket, onions and garlic with all other ingredients from the jug in either a slow cooker or a roasting pan.
4. Cook for 3 hours in roasting pan covered in foil at 150 degrees or 4-5 in slow cooker. An hour before cooking finishes, add the black beans. If cooking in slow cooker you may want to roast it for 15 minutes at the end to get a crispy top.
5. Serve with your desired sides!