This recipe was a devilishly simple dish to make. I found the recipe in a magazine and modified it a little. Can be served on top of a baked potato or lettuce cup for a low carb option.
Makes 12 serves
Approx. 700kJ, 20g protein, 9g Carb per serve
1 tsp olive oil (to fry)
1kg Beef Brisket
2 Brown onions
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup of beef stock
2tbs maple syrup
1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1tbs Worcestershire sauce
1tbs tomato sauce
1tbs of Dijon or American mustard
2tsp smoked paprika
2tsp dried oregano
1tsp dried cumin
400g can black beans (optional)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and brown the brisket for five minutes
- Whisk stock, maple syrup, vinegar, sauces, mustard, paprika, oregano, cumin in a jug
- Combine brisket, onions and garlic with all other ingredients from the jug in either a slow cooker or a roasting pan.
- Cook for 3 hours in roasting pan covered in foil at 150 degrees or 4-5 in slow cooker. An hour before cooking finishes, add the black beans. If cooking in slow cooker you may want to roast it for 15 minutes at the end to get a crispy top.
- Serve with your desired sides!