A lot of people have never visited a dietitian previously so are unsure of what to expect.
An initial consultation of 40 minutes will obtain a detailed evaluation. This will include such things as:
- weight history,
- medical history,
- clinical/nutritional information,
- diet history ,
- goals and expectations
An individual plan is then designed to fit with your lifestyle. You can expect accurate nutritional information, based on the latest scientific evidence, along with practical meal ideas and personalised stratiegies are given to motivate and inspire.
Changing lifestyle behaviours or unhelpful habits are not normally like flipping a light switch - it takes time and practice. Review appointments of 20 minutes are for monitoring changes, further education and support, as most people experience ongoing challenges and setbacks.
Nutritional areas include:
- Weight management (loss and gain)
- Diabetes management
- Elevated cholesterol or blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal issues (IBS, coeliac, diverticular etc)
- Nutrition during cancer treatment
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Hashimoto's disease
- Eating disorders/disorder eating behaviours